|Item Name||[CD] Kodo "Kaden"|
|Price in Japan||3,240 YEN|
|Price Outside Japan||3,000 YEN|
"Kaden" features nine unique compositions that were created especially for four recent “Kodo One Earth Tour” productions directed by Tamasaburo Bando: Legend, Mystery, Eternity, and Chaos. The tracks were captured with the latest high-resolution audio technology in a recording studio, allowing even the subtlest tones to interweave in unprecedented ways. Like a brand-new theater performance, this album creates a world of sound that promises to captivate and delight.
The album opens by showcasing the various tones of a newly developed, award-winning tunable taiko, Kanade. Melodic bamboo flutes float in to transport listeners to that fleeting realm between day and night. Later, an ensemble of high-pitched shime-daiko enters with a parade of sound, which leads to a powerful match between two mighty opponents: the o-daiko (big drum) and a Western drum kit. The climax is the monumental title piece, Kaden, a modern oeuvre featuring six performers playing twenty drums.
Listen to samples of all 9 tracks here: http://www.kodo.or.jp/discography/od018_en.html
- Seiten (Composed by Masayuki Sakamoto)
- Yuyami (Composed by Yuta Sumiyoshi)
- Arrive (Composed by Tamasaburo Bando)
- Toki no Ma(Composed by Yuta Sumiyoshi)
- Kukai(Composed by Kenta Nakagome)
- Yogiri – Asayake Gumo (Composed by Tsuyoshi Maeda)
- Ayaori(Composed by Yuta Sumiyoshi)
- Kaden(Composed by Tamasaburo Bando)
- Kei Kei(Composed by Yuta Sumiyoshi)